The rain had already started, and the box was placed right below the drainpipe on the roof, where water was falling. Right next to it was an electrical pole with a flickering light. I noticed that the box moved slightly, and I kept watching it for a while, thinking it might be my imagination. But then I saw it move again, and this time it started shaking vigorously because as the rain grew stronger, the water from the roof was falling into the box, causing it to get heavier. The cardboard box started deteriorating and eventually ripped apart. That's when I saw two small puppies inside the box.
As soon as I saw them, both the puppies were scared of the rushing water in the drain and were afraid of falling into it. One was brown, and the other was a white and black color. The water from the drain, which was falling from the roof, was pouring down on them with great force. Due to this, the brown puppy was attempting to jump over the drain. I realized that if it jumped, it would fall into the drain and get carried away by the water. I quickly thought that I should go and save them; otherwise, they might die.
I went down to the area where the two puppies were. I saw that one of them was making a desperate attempt to jump because the water was pouring down forcefully from above, directly onto them. I quickly grabbed an umbrella and left my house to rescue them. As soon as I crossed the road and reached near them, the brown puppy jumped into the drain. I shouted loudly, trying to stop it from jumping, but it was too late. The brown puppy had already leaped.
I was scared because now even the black and white puppy started barking and attempting to jump. I couldn't decide whether to save it first or the brown puppy that had fallen into the drain and was being carried away by the fast-flowing water. I couldn't jump into the drain myself as I was too short and only 8 years old. But then I remembered God and prayed, asking for the power to protect this little life. I shouted "Jai Bajrangbali" (a phrase praising Lord Hanuman) and jumped to the other side of the drain where the black and white puppy was. I picked it up in my hands and tucked it inside my jacket. Holding the puppy, I shouted "Jai Bajrangbali" again and jumped back across the drain to the other side.
I had already saved one of the puppies, now it was time to save the other brown one that I had to protect. The rain intensified, and along with the drain, water started flowing rapidly on the road as well. The water level in the drain increased, and I left the black and white puppy a little distance away in my home garden, closed the door, and told it to stay there and not go anywhere. Then, without saying a word, I set out to find the other brown puppy.
I started getting scared, not knowing if the puppy had survived or if it had been swept away into a larger canal. If that had happened, I wouldn't be able to save it even if I wanted to. So, I continued running along the edge of the drain, desperately searching for it, but I couldn't see it anywhere. Seeing that the brown puppy was not visible in the drain, I became distressed and started crying while searching for it. I couldn't figure out what to do. Feeling helpless, I began calling out to it, but there was no response. I walked a little further ahead, and that's when I saw a big canal where water was flowing from all the smaller drains in the neighborhood.
When I looked, I could hear the sound of water rushing down the canal, but I couldn't hear the brown puppy's voice. This made me cry even more. I sat down in one place and started complaining to God, saying that He didn't let me save it, He let it die. God, you are compassionate, you forgive sinners as well. Then what sin did this innocent creature commit? It shouldn't have been allowed to die. The rain started to decrease, and the water in the drains and on the road started to recede. I had now accepted that the brown puppy had died and had been swept away from the smaller drains into the larger canal.
Feeling disappointed, I started to walk away. I thought that maybe if it had drowned, I would at least see its lifeless body, which would bring me some solace. So, while looking, I started walking along the canal, but I couldn't find it. My restlessness was increasing, and suddenly, I heard someone whimpering. As soon as I looked towards the canal, I saw the brown puppy with a stick stuck in its mouth, which seemed to be a broken padlock. It was struggling and whimpering. I felt a surge of relief and shouted loudly, "Hey, little one, hold on, I'm coming!"
I tried to catch that puppy with my hands near the drain, but I couldn't reach it because my hands were too small. Then I looked around and saw a small rope. I quickly picked up the rope and tied one end to a broken branch and the other end to my body. Holding onto the rope, I approached the drain and checked if it was securely tied. Then I entered the drain again and managed to catch the brown puppy. Suddenly, the rope came loose and both the brown puppy and I fell into the larger drain. However, I held onto the brown puppy, and both of us started drifting in the water. I started praying to God to protect us, just like Hanuman protected us when we fell into the big drain. Suddenly, I grabbed hold of a broken branch because the rain had reduced, and the flow of the drain had started to decrease. Both the brown puppy and I held onto each other. I had been holding onto the branch for a while when I finally managed to throw the brown puppy out of the drain, and it came out of the drain. But I got stuck because my foot was trapped under a broken branch. The treatment I had received from the broken pad's thorn had not healed, and it was not coming out. Now the rain started getting heavier again, and the water in the drain started rising, and the drain, although not very large, was big for me because I was small. Due to being trapped, I couldn't climb up. I called out to the brown puppy, but it didn't respond. I thought it must have left out of fear.
The rain kept getting heavier, and the water level started rising, which was bad for me because my foot was stuck. It happened because I was short, and the drain was deeper than my height, so it was difficult for me. The water level had risen so much that it reached my mouth, and apart from looking at my end, I had no other option. As the water reached my mouth, I shouted for help, but I only caught a glimpse that someone was coming, and then I lost consciousness. The next day, when I woke up, I was at home, and my mother, father, relatives, and neighbors were all standing around me, applauding and saying that I had done a great job. Then my mother introduced me to those two puppies, saying that they were the ones for whom I bravely saved their lives, and they were both perfectly fine and licking me.
Seeing them, I felt very happy and asked who brought them because I had seen someone coming towards me, but I didn't know who it was. Then my father told me, "Son, we were looking for you, and this brown puppy came to us and was barking with his brother. Then both started barking, and we thought they were playing. But when they started running, we followed them, and we heard your voice. I pulled you out from there, son, and now you are in front of us." They told me that these two puppies had saved me. Then I explained everything, how I did it and how I got stuck there. My mother hugged me, and everyone praised me a lot. I also asked for permission to keep those two puppies with me, and now both the puppies and I happily live together.
Dear readers,
I hope this story finds you well and leaves a lasting impression on your hearts. It is a tale of bravery, perseverance, and the bond between humans and animals. I want to extend my heartfelt gratitude to the author of this blog for sharing such a touching and inspiring story.
As a reader, I was captivated by the protagonist's courage and determination to save the lives of two helpless puppies. The vivid description of the challenges faced, the intense moments of fear and hope, and the ultimate triumph against all odds truly touched my soul.
I believe that stories like this have the power to ignite compassion, empathy, and a sense of responsibility towards our fellow beings. I appeal to all the readers to share this story far and wide, whether through social media, word of mouth, or any other means available. By sharing this story, we can spread its valuable message and inspire others to make a positive difference in the lives of animals and people around them.
Let us come together as a community, united by the power of storytelling, and create a ripple effect of kindness and compassion. Together, we can make this world a better place for all living beings.
Thank you once again to the blogger for sharing this beautiful story, and thank you to all the readers for your time and consideration. Let us join hands in spreading the power of this narrative and making a difference.
With heartfelt appreciation,
Anoothi Duniya

0 Comments